The beginning of the year is always a time for reflection and resolutions, a time to take stock of what we have and what we would like to be in the future. I hope you included the Junior League of Tulsa (JLT) on your resolution list. Below are my top 10 ways to become more involved over the upcoming year.
- Join one of our interest group clubs—Book Club, Restaurant Club, Lunch Club, or Catch Up Over Cocktails. These are great ways to connect with other sustainers.
- Attend our spring party. We are planning a fun event that all sustainers will enjoy. More info to come!
- Support the Actives’ spring fundraising activities.
- Make a contribution to the Junior League of Tulsa Endowment.
- Bring a Sustainer friend to one of our interest group clubs or the spring party.
- Know a former Sustainer who stopped paying her dues? Encourage her to “re-member.”
- Encourage women to join JLT. Membership recruitment events for the 2016 provisional class will go on throughout the spring.
- Support the League’s community projects.
- Use the training you acquired in the League in our community. There are hundreds of community and school activities in Tulsa who NEED YOU.
- Volunteer to form and nurture a new interest group for the Sustainers. Other leagues have Sustainer interest groups focused on running, walking, cycling, tennis, cooking, movies, theater, and antiques. Really, the sky is the limit. Our Engagement Committee would love to expand our outreach to more Sustainers.
Our activities provide Sustainers with opportunities to nurture your League friendships, network, and support all JLT’s programming. I hope to see you in 2016!
Sustainer Engagement Committee Chair